I can't believe we are already half way through this pregnancy. I still remember the morning before we left for family vacation, waking up and deciding to take a pregnancy test because I wanted to know if I was pregnant before we left for a week. The moment I saw two lines on that test, my whole body began to shake from all of the emotions-I just don't think I was quite expecting that. I won't forget going to the bedroom to try and wake Charlie up to share the news by giving him a "Happy Father's Day Card!" He was being a pain in the rear first and was just so tired so he set the card on my pillow and went back to sleep. So...I hopped in the shower quick and then rushed back to the room and finally just woke him up because I couldn't keep my feelings in anymore. I woke him up and said "Happy Start of Vacation Day," I have a little something for you. I gave him the card again and he finally opened it. He got a funny look on his face when he read the front which said, "Happy Father's Day" and then proceeded to read what I wrote inside. If I remember right his first words were..."Really? Oh that's awesome!" We were both so excited! But let me tell you the rest of that day which was supposed to be the day to get all packed up was a disaster. I don't think either of us could think clearly. I'm surprised I didn't miss packing anything important for the trip. Oh the memories you will never forget. And here we are today at 20 weeks along already. It's crazy how fast this time has gone.
On Monday we had our 3rd OB appointment (19 weeks). Everything looked good. My blood pressure and protein level were both good and I put on a whole whopping 7 pounds since my last appointment...woo who! We also got to hear our little one's heartbeat again, which never ceases to amaze me. This time the heartbeat was at 155 bpm, which some would say leans to "girl". So now we have had a "boy's" heartbeat and a "girl's". This coming Thursday we head to the hospital for our first big Ultrasound. We have been looking so forward to this. I don't even know what to expect, but it will be amazing to see some images of our little one for the first time. We have invited our mom's to come to this with us so that will be fun to share with them.
Anyways, here's the most recent baby bump picture:
We look forward to updating you after our ultrasound later this coming week!
No comments:
Post a Comment